Food Waste Funder Circle: Upcycled Food Pitch Slam
Welcome to the Food Waste Funder Circle (FWFC) pitch event!
- When: June 16th at 10am PT / 1 pm ET
- Where: LIVE virtual (register here)
This session is open to the public and features the below upcycling companies:
1. Kazoo - putting corn germ to new use to create a better chip.
2. Superfrau - giving new life to whey to create a better beverage.
3. TROVEmarket - keeping food in the system by facilitating the trade between buyers and sellers.
4. Candid - making a difference in the chocolate business by being different.
5. Waju - tapping fruit as a water source to create a better beverage.
Each of the FIVE companies will present for FIVE minutes each, followed by FIVE minutes of Q&A.
The Food Waste Funder Circle (FWFC) is a network designed for private, public, and philanthropic funders interested in using their capital to solve food waste challenges. Co-founded by ReFED and Upcycled Food Association, the FWFC offers a curated platform for funder education, collaboration, and investment to help drive the capital flow needed to reach national and international goals to reduce food waste by 50% by the year 2030. Learn more here: https://refed.org/engage/food-waste-funder-circle/