Path to Certification Workshop Series
Zoom link included in confirmation email. Select all 4 event tickets in registration!
All You Need to Know to Become Upcycled Certified™
Upcycled Food Association and Where Food Comes From (Upcycled Certified™ program certifying body) are hosting our first-ever workshop series designed to clarify the Certification journey from start to finish.
Join UFA and WFCF for four weekly 30-45 minute sessions on Tuesdays from March 28 - April 18 to learn more about the Upcycled Certified™ Standard, explore the benefits of certification, prepare your program paperwork and documentation, share your upcycling story with your customers and consumers, and more.
The Path to Certification Workshop Series facilitates UFA Members’ (and non-Members') upcycling journeys. Whether you are set on pursuing Upcycled Certified™ for your products and/or ingredients, or just curious about what the Certification program entails, register to learn from the UFA team and Certifying Body.
If you cannot attend all four, register anyway to receive the event recordings.
Workshop Series Topics
March 28 @ 11 PST / 2 EST
In our first session, we'll address questions such as...
- Why does Upcycled Certified™ exist?
- What is the impact of the Upcycled Certified™ program?
- Who is the certifying body?!
- How long does it take to get a product or ingredient Upcycled Certified™?
April 4 @ 11 PST / 2 EST
In our second session, we'll address questions such as...
- Is my upcycled product or ingredient eligible for certification?
- What are the key program requirements?
- What documentation is needed?
April 11 @ 11 PST / 2 EST
In our third session, we'll address questions such as...
- What does the certifying body consider proof of upcycling?
- What supply chain documentation will be requested?
- How can I certify a product using an Upcycled Certified™ ingredient?
April 18 @ 11 PST / 2 EST
In our final session, we'll address questions such as...
- How is compliance evaluated?
- What are best practices for adding the certification mark to packaging and marketing assets?
- What are the most effective ways to market my Upcycled Certified™ product or ingredient?
For More Information:
Members and Non-Members are welcome to register and encouraged to attend all 4 sessions. UFA Members can register for FREE - make sure you are logged in.
Where Food Comes From Event Speaker:
Kathryn Britton is the Director of Innovation for Where Food Comes From, Inc. (WFCF). In this
role she supports cross-divisional operational performance with a key focus on process
improvement, systems integration, and customer satisfaction through the optimization
of internal business functions. Kathryn directly manages teams specializing in facilitating
verification and certification programs for clients in the Consumer-Packaged Goods
space and is the company’s technical expert on the Non-GMO Project®, Upcycled
Certifed™, The Paleo Diet®, WFCF Gluten-Free™, and WFCF Plant-Based™ Standards and
the associated operational processes.